- You lead the development of a microservice platform run on the edge (on track machines) and in the cloud
- You analyze your product owner’s requirements and give active development support
- You use modern technologies and innovative approaches to push the boundaries of what web apps can do
- You carry the technical responsibility for the maintenance and test-driven development of the product
- You are responsible for the API design and data modeling to establish cross-product interfaces and you are the point person for other product teams
- You engage in regular code and architecture peer reviews together with the development team
- You guide, mentor and evolve junior developers
- You are part of an international, agile development team (Scrum), your working language is English
we are looking for you
Senior Backend Developer (m/w/x)
> 49,000 €
Environmental protection meets science and technology. With your Java skills you can become part of the team that revolutionizes the maintenance of rail networks.
What you will do
What you bring
- You have an advanced technical degree (Technical college, UAS, University) in Computer Science or equal
- You have relevant professional experience in software development of Java-backed SPA web apps
- You have extensive programming knowledge in Java, Spring and reactive programming (Akka)
- You are very comfortable with Angular, Cloud-native technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), Big-data engines (MongoDB) and Event-driven architectures (e.g. Kafka)
- You are experienced with microservices, AWS, OAuth, Timeseries-, Graph or geometry databases are an advantage
- You use tools like Jenkins, GIT, Jira, etc.
- You are a team player and a flexible, creative, curious and reliable person
- You may or may not speak German, it’s an advantage but not a must-have
- You enjoy life-long learning
- You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of 90 brilliant minds. By putting your expertise into practice, you and your team find new ways to create products and solutions that keep making our world’s railway networks more attractive for all. In doing so, you contribute to a cleaner and greener environment.
- We operate where research meets development. You won’t be sitting in front of your computer all day, every day. You will also meet customers, stand track-side or in the driver’s cabin of a 170 ton track machine to see your product in action.
- You are free to choose your next career steps, you will encounter short decision-making processes and you will be part of a tolerant, diverse community that appreciates your humor, your reliability and your performance. You will have time for your family, friends and personal hobbies.
I am inspired by my team and my tasks every day. We don't just make the rail infrastructure digital and design a user-friendly platform with Java, Spring & Angular.
In contrast to pure research companies, at tmc we go all the way to the finished product.
Andreas, Software Developer
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
If you would like to be part of the development of a new digital machine solution, then apply to us.
Meet Carolin – Your Contact
Regensburger Str. 3, 4020 Linz